With the warming of the weather, it’s hard not to get into the spirit of Spring Cleaning!
Our TruePro Tip of the Day is to Spring Clean your closet!
- Purge and Donate! Clean from top to bottom. Donate what you don’t or shouldn’t wear anymore. If you’re not sure, follow this rule that if you haven’t worn it in at least a year, it’s probably time to let it go! If some items don’t fit but you still like them, put them away until that time may change, if after a year it still doesn’t fit, then donate them.
- Sort items into piles – clothes to hang, and clothes to fold
- Hang up things that wrinkle.
- Fold things like jeans, t-shirts, shorts, sweaters.
- Clean your closet – dust, wipe down surfaces, vacuum (if you have carpet) or sweep and mop.
- Now put away clothes
- Do this by category (jackets, shirts, pants, skirts, dresses, etc.)
- Hang like things with each other, by color and length.
- Invest in slim hangers, they save a lot of space, and they will look much better if they are all the same.
- Put your shoes away, organize by type and then color.
- If you don’t have a shoe organizer, there are many different types of organizers you can use. This will make your closet look and function better!
- Put accessories away, belt buckles, scarfs, etc.
- Use small boxes to keep like things with each other
- Place bags and purses on the top shelf, organize my type and color.
Finish up by taking your donations to your local donation center, or arrange for pick up.
Good job! You’re now done!
Are you ready to buy or sell? Please contact me today! To get started, all you have to do is call or text me at 303.653.6699, or email me at email@example.com.